Engine Preventive Maintenance

Subject: Engine Preventive Maintenance
From: "Nick Coleman" <coleman@sd.aonix.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 09:16:32 -0700
The engine on the "new" 73B is pretty grimy and I'm going to steam clean it.
The guy I bought it off never appears to have cleaned it. He said he knew
nothing about cars, only that they need gas and an oil change every 5,000
miles.  So, the grime is pretty thick. Besides the normal things you need to
protect (distributor and air cleaners), is there anything else I need to
cover over?

He wasn't putting 5,000 miles a year on it and might go more than a year
between oil changes. So, I'm also flushing the engine oil and radiator.
Hopefully it won't start leaking all over the place afterwards -- it doesn't
leak oil at all right now.  But, when your dealing with an engine that
hasn't been run regularly, is there any other preventive maintenance I need
to consider?

Nick
73 B