Antique/Historic Plates

To: "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Antique/Historic Plates
From: "RossOvercash" <jroverca@tiac.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 18:59:44 -0400
Below are the guidelines for Massachusettes, I copied them dircely from the
RMV application form.  As you can see the Antique classification essentially
eliminates the use of the car as a daily driver.  I honestly don't know how
strict the rule is enforced in this state. If anyone is from MA and wants
the form it can be found at the following URL:
http://www.magnet.state.ma.us/rmv/forms/index.htm

along with the other forms available on line.  they are in Adobe Acrobat
Format so you will need the reader too.  Of course there is a link on the
page if you need it.

Safety Fast!!

Ross Overcash, 74B, NAMGBR 2-1172, Ayer, MA
http://www.tiac.net/users/jroverca/index.htm

"Antique Motor Car Affidavit I hereby certify that the (vehicle) owned by me
and described in the accompanying registra-tion application is over 25 years
old and will be maintained solely for the use in Exhibitions, Club
Activities, Parades, Holidays, Saturdays and Sundays, to and from the Repair
Shop, and other Functions of Public Interest. It will not be used primarily
for the transportation of passengers or goods over any way.

"Year of Manufacture Guidelines A Year of Manufacture Registration Plate is
a registration plate originally issued by the Commonwealth in the exact year
of the manufacture of the antique motor car to which it will be attached. If
no registration plates were issued for a particular year, you may use a
registration plate originally issued in a prior year and approved by the
Commonwealth for use in the year of manufacture of the antique motor car to
which it will be attached. Year of Manufacture Vanity Plates and Year of
Manufacture Antique Plates are not available..."