Have ya missed me? - longish

To: mg <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Have ya missed me? - longish
From: Becky Mahoney <bmahoney@home.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 05:36:53 -0500
I've been REAL busy trying to get the B put back together...not much
time to communicate.  Reading the list mail is usually done very late
(1:00 a.m.) or very early (4:00 a.m.)  Obviously I haven't been getting
much sleep lately.  Progress so far....carpet is in; trunk mat is down;
brakes are done; one seat frame still needing to get dressed; all parts
cleaned, cleaned, cleaned; bumpers back from plating shop and back on
car (broke one of the lenses for license plate lamps, grrrr) panels back
on except for doors; all lights are back on (thanks to Andy
Blackley);side chrome molding back on; new tires and chrome spokes are
mounted; AND.....(drum roll please)....the windshield, complete with new
glass...is on, and I did it BY MYSELF!!!  This was the one thing I was
really dreading since I had heard such horror stories about it.  The
only problem I had was, in following the directions from several
different sources, I waited to put the windshield to body seal in until
after the frame was back together...WHO CAME UP WITH THAT IDEA????  I
had to take off one of the side pillars, coat the bottom rail liberally
with dish soap, and sliiiiiiiide that puppy on there.  It was a pain
getting those two screws back in the frame with the seal in the way, but
not near the pain it was trying to get the seal on with the frame
together. Straightening that seal was kinda tuff too...
I am very disappointed in the deluxe carpet kit from Moss.  The mat that
covers the battery access was installed, complete with the snaps that
hold it down...Didn't like the way it looked against the back panel, so
I stuck some velcro there to make it fit just a little better.  Looked
great until I needed to pull it back for the first time....rubber
backing tore!  Apparently this rubber is unable to take any stress AT
ALL!!!!!  I carefully worked it off where I had put the snaps...and it
tore there also.  That really PISSES ME OFF!  (sorry for the strong
language)  So what I am planning on doing is covering that area with
trunk matting (glued down)  leaving battery access area open and damper
hole areas uncovered.  Then I will lay the Moss carpet mat over this and
use snaps to keep it in place.  If anyone out there has a better
idea...let me know.  I kinda like this idea cuz it does give me more
soundproofing.  Sure hope I never have to pull the front floor pieces
out....maybe I shouldn't have snapped them into place :(
Now all I need is for my dash to get back and I will be ready to HIT THE
STREETS.....TOPLESS!( couldn't resist ;-)
AND ANOTHER THING....what's the deal with most (if not all) the fun
events for lbc's being in the east????  I am always reading about this
neat stuff and it's always there....I'm warning you...don't make me come
over there!!!!!  Do we need someone to crack the whip here in the
Southwest????  Am I the only enthusiast around these parts???  (SOB...)I
feel so neglected!
Anyway, it's time to rush out to the garage and see if there is some
little thing I can get done before going to work......keep your smiles
going the miles!!!

Becky
69MGB roadster...