We won!!!

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: We won!!!
From: T Sherman <tsherman@tecinfo.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 09:40:58 -0500
My dad got the OP relief valve out of my 76 B today!!!  I drilled a 1/8"
hole into the end of the valve and tried a tap to no avail.  So my dad
put a sheet metal screw into the valve and screwed it w/a screwdriver.
Then he pulled with a crowbar and the valve came out.  It's scratched
like crazy (From the junk in the engine which caused its failure to
begin with) and the valve broke in half!!!  Yep, the cup part separated
from the cylindrical side.  Not good.  Gotta flush the engine now to
figure out what caused this thing to fail now.  What a relief!

Tyson Sherman
http://www.tecinfo.com/~tsherman
76 MGB (which just may see the road again by the end of the summer)
74 1/2 MGB/GT (STILL waiting on a key & title)
73 Midget (welding prospect)
72 Midget (transmission on the way!!!! - running by July)