The Clutch Works -- Its a driver, not a basement anchor

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: The Clutch Works -- Its a driver, not a basement anchor
From: "M. W. Jordan, Jr." <mw_jordan@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 23:35:26 -0400
>From the AP news wires, Dateline Marietta, GA. June 15, 1998, 4:32 PM
EDT ------

Bumbling Home Wantabe Mechanic draws Golfing Parallels

As quoted on national TV in 1968  at the Augusta National Golf Course on
the event of incorrectly signing a wrong scorecard
and thereby losing the 1968 Masters Golf Tournament, ......""What a
stupid I am," was Roberto De Vincenzo's lament.

"What a stupid I am", said M. W. Jordan, Jr. on realizing the failure of
the engagement of the clutch was caused, at least in part,
by not paying attention to the basics - such as ensuring the M/C fork to
the clutch pedal was adjusted properly.  "Funny,"
Jordan sheepishly continued,  "once I took the free play out of the fork
rod as CLEARLY specified in both the Haynes Manual
and the MGA Factory service manual, the clutch, like magic, suddenly
began to work."

end of release

So, it seems that all the parts in the world can't overcome basic
stupidity.

Thanks to all on the list who replied for your help

MW