MG fan thermo-switch

To: "'The MG List'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: MG fan thermo-switch
From: "Brinkmann, Gerry" <brinkg@uf4124p01.BheightsNJ.ncr.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 17:04:44 -0400

The main reason that the fan switches tend to last a short time, is that
the fan circuit does not incorporate a relay. It would not surprise me that
the 2 fans on the later MGB's are pulling close to 20Amps. These fan
switches
just can't take that sort of current without frying.

My advice - install a relay and let the fan switch control the relay.

I installed a VW fan on my MGB and used a relay  - so far after 3 years no
failures.

gerry