Re: 1500 Midget Clutch problems....

To: Chris Kotting <ckotting@iwaynet.net>
Subject: Re: 1500 Midget Clutch problems....
From: hello39@idt.net
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 09:22:21 -0400
I have a 1500 question for the group. I recently purchased a 79 Midget that was

sitting in storage for around 3 years. I changed all the fluids and noticed an
oil
leak from the vacinity of the front timing cover. I have removed the radiator
and plan to go inside the cover once I borrow the right socket to remove the
crank nut.
I plan to replace the oil seal pressed into the cover and the cover gasket
also.
Then button her back up.
Are there any other things under the cover or around the front end that I
can/should check before resealing? Also, if I do replace those items and still
have the leak,
any suggestions?
Thanks in advance cause I'm lost when it comes to the 1500 configurations
Alan