BBS look-a-likes

To: "'The MG List'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: BBS look-a-likes
From: "Brinkmann, Gerry" <brinkg@uf4124p01.BheightsNJ.ncr.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 09:24:52 -0400
>my local wheel shop gave up after 4 months of searching. i will probably
have
>my rostyles refinished now. minilites are a LOT of money.

Don't give up - I found a very nice set of BBS look-alike wheels made by
American Racing Wheel (?).
They are 100% alloy, have the basket-weave pattern, with correct offsets. I
found them in a junk-yard
attached to a Datsun (I think a 240). Also if you are looking for Minilite
look-a-likes, take a close look at
Saab from the latye '70's (Saab 96?). The top of the line Saab came with
wheels which looked like
Minilites - I think the bolt patter is the same as the MGB (I have spare
saver from a Saab 96 - and it fits)

gerry