Re: It sucks to be me today.

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: It sucks to be me today.
From: RAY WYGONIK <RWYGONIK@grove.iup.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 14:34:21 -0400 (EDT)
Sorry to hear of your troubles.  If it makes you feel any better, I'll tell you
a story of similiar MGA woes.
This happened 28 years ago when I was 16.  Had an MGA, my first car.  The
driver door latch was finicky.  NOT ONCE, but TWICE the door popped open as I
was backing up and got ripped off the car.  Once I was backing out of the
garage, and once it got caught on a clothes pole in the yard.
Of course it popped open many times going forward and backward.  After the
second hinge replacement I finally fix the latch properly.
I also had the rear wheel fall off once.  Fortunately it got stuck up inside
the wheel well and no serious damage to the car or me.  I always suspected
someone loosened the lug nuts.  They had all fallen off and none of the threads
were damaged.
I probably had more patience then.  As both you and Billy Joel said "and so it
goes"