Re: clicking at rear wheel

To: <MGS%AUTOX.TEAM.NET@mvdns1.mv.Unisys.COM>
Subject: Re: clicking at rear wheel
From: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 15:13:27 -0700 (PDT) (22:13 UT)
>Need a couple of hints as to the reason for a clicking sound coming from the
 right rear wheel on a 71b Gt. when I slow down coming to a stop     thought it
 was the chrome wheel cover       took it off and the clicking went away for a
 short time      the same thing happened when I replaced the wheel with the
 spare.  Before I pull the axle       what's possibly  the problem ?

< rocky cat1cat@aol.com

   Try this: drive the car until you run out of gas.  Towards the end,
 you should here the clicking suddenly accelerate, then stop.  Your problem
 will be over.  Of course, as soon as you put gas in it again, your
 problem will be back.      ;-)

 (You do know that the fuel pump is by the right rear wheel, right?)

*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*                                        | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: Philippe.Tusler@Unisys.Com    |  N/A       '88 ISUZU Trooper*