Perronix, was: 73 MGB

To: coleman@sd.aonix.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Perronix, was: 73 MGB
From: "Editors, Molecular Vision" <jboatri@emory.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 12:24:21 -0500
> Couple of question on the Petronix Ignitor install.
>
>  - When you install it, do you need the engine at Top-Center?

Just installed one in my Sprite (45D distributor). I did not set the car at
TDC, nor do the instructions call for it. It took 2 minutes to install.
Pull off dizzy cap, pull rotor, unscrew two screws, place ignitor, screw in
set screw (smaller of the two screws). Fired right up, no problems.

Now that I know it's running well, I plan to remove the set screw, apply
the moderate-strength locktite (red tube), and re-screw. This set screw is
mighty tiny and I don't trust it as being the only thing holding in the
Hall magnet. The original points set up had the tiny set screw and the
larger adjuster screw to hold everything in place. The Ignitor dispenses
with the larger screw.

> Are you also running a hotter coil?

I'm running a Lucas Sport coil (40,000 volts)

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Senior Editor, Molecular Vision
http://www.molvis.org/molvis
Mailto:jboatri@emory.edu