Re: Sightings in Oregon.

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Sightings in Oregon.
From: Keith Wheeler <keithw@sand.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 12:25:28 -0700
J. A. Frazer Crocker, Jr. wrote:

>time (I think about 25miles).  The gear on the starter was as cleanly
>worn off as if a machinist had been at it.  Flywheel ring only slightly
>rounded and still very usuable.Much wiring destroyed, a rental car for
>two days, and a rebuilt starter from an auto electric place (less than
>Moss, BTW) put us back on the road.

If the wiring harness is questionable, replacement is a good idea.

However, a good bet for your starter motor problem:  there is a diode
in the brake warning light circuit on later MGBs. If the diode fails
the starter motor will come one when the handbrake switch is released.

I thought I was insane, the starter motor on my 'B would engage when
the handbrake was up, then I read about this failure on a web page
(University Motors?).

-Keith Wheeler
Team Sanctuary                          http://www.teamsanctuary.com/