Ignition Problem

Subject: Ignition Problem
From: "Nick Coleman" <coleman@sd.aonix.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 09:09:24 -0700
When you turn on the ignition, the key goes through 4 steps: Off,
Accessories, Run, & Ignition.  The Red light should come in the Run [if idle
drops or prior to starting] and Ignition positions.  Mine is coming during
the Accessories phase.

When I turn the car to the accessories position, current is still going to
the coil and the car appears to stop only because the automatic shutoff
valve  stops the gas to the carb.

Any thoughts on where the problem may lay?  I'm going to check the
connections to the Radio tonight (put in by the PO), but I don't think that
will be the cause.

Nick
73B