Pulling an engine in an MGA

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Pulling an engine in an MGA
From: BRUCE PHILLIPS <mgb1964@cois.on.ca>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 14:58:52 -0400

        Just a note to let you know that something strange happened  yesterday.
After reading Carol's remembrance of Dammit Dick on Sunday I resolved to
drive my MG yesterday (Monday ) to work. I took the car out of storage  a
month ago and haven't had the time to drive it or even look at it . Monday
I get in the car (64 MGB) turn the key and the car starts right up. The
batteries were not charged , no tune up , I didn't even wash it. I drove it
around the block and the car never ran better. I drove it to work and
golfing with my wife later in the day. The gas gauge works for the first
time. I didn't fix it .

        The only  thing I can think of is Dammit Dick. I didn't know the man
but I
do remember his posting on this list and his enthusiasm for our cars. I can
only think that he is up there looking down and saying "drive them and you
will enjoy"  .

        Thank you Carol for your remembrance, and thank you Dammit Dick . By the
way I drove the "B" to work again today.

BRUCE PHILLIPS

64 roadster
69 gt
77 roadster