Re: Subject: Heritage certificates

To: <MGS%AUTOX.TEAM.NET@mvdns1.mv.Unisys.COM>
Subject: Re: Subject: Heritage certificates
From: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 12:24:42 -0700 (PDT) (19:24 UT)
>It's amazing, to go to shows and car club meetings and hear people make a
 big deal of little things.  "Well, this car *can't* be original.  Those
 lights are from a '59 and this car is a '60" blah blah blah.  Look, I hate
 to break it to you, but those lights were put on that car by an out of work
 plumber.  He didn't car if they were "correct", there were the next lights
 in the parts bin.  In "Making MGs" there is a comment that during any given
 day of production, no two MGAs were the same. Gee, that's hard to believe,
 because when you go to shows there are rows upon rows of perfect red MGAs
<with wire wheels with black interiors with red piping.  It gets boring.

 HOW can you insinuate such heresy?!  ;-)
 When I had Tintin's head rebuilt in 1980, the shop called back with:
"Well, the good news is that this is only the third or fourth MG head
I've ever seen that wasn't cracked.  The sort of bad news is that there
were seven MG valves in it, and one that I don't know what it was.  We
replaced it with an MG valve."

 So the assembler runs out and grabs a part from the nearest bin?  You bet!!
And no DPO here.  I wish I had kept the valve.

*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*                                        | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: Philippe.Tusler@Unisys.Com    |  N/A       '88 ISUZU Trooper*