More Ignition Qs

To: MGS <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: More Ignition Qs
From: Richard Peterson <Rich_and_Kerry@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 23:19:33 -0400
Ok, So my '77 B won't turn of when the key is switched off - No problem;
I'll just keep driving it : - )   Thanks for all responses to my question=
 -
I'm betting on the alternator having a malfunction of some kind, so I'll
swap it with a spare and see what that does.  BTW, I've got a copy of the=

'78 wiring diagram and have corrected the oddities that plagued the '77 -=

thanks for that tip, too.

Next question . . . while troubleshooting the ignition system, I've
discovered that my original 45DE dizzy's guts have been surgically remove=
and in their place, someone has installed a "Luminition" electronic
ignition system.  It seems to work well, so i'm ok with that, but the
question this has raised is:  do I still need to run the power supply for=

the coil through the resistive wire or can I run 12 volts directly to the=

coil?  It sees 12 volts during cranking, so why not always (shortened coi=
life?  overheated wiring? offending the prince?).  Any info you all can
supply about the 'luminition' system and it's proper installation would b=
appreciated.

Rich P.