RE: Pertronix, was: 73 MGB

To: "Jeff Boatright" <jboatri@emory.edu>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Pertronix, was: 73 MGB
From: "RossOvercash" <jroverca@tiac.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 12:58:29 -0400
If you continue reading the next paragraph of the General information it
goes on to state:

CAUTION: NEVER use a "HEI" type coil with the ignitor.  This type of coil
will provide too much current to the ignitor, causing it to butn out and
fail...

I don't know what an "HEI" type coil.  But maybe someone on the list does.

I have had no probelms with the ignitor, using stock coil and standard pulg
gap.  So personally I wouldn't change a thing unless I was guaranteed
significant improvrement in performance!

Safety Fast!!

Ross Overcash, 74B, NAMGBR 2-1172, Ayer, MA
http://www.tiac.net/users/jroverca/index.htm