RE: Expression: No LBC content

To: "'MG List'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Expression: No LBC content
From: Dan Pockrus <dpockrus@efficient.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 10:06:16 -0500
When we were kids my dad, a Korean War NCO, would say (yell) "I only
want to
see assholes and elbows - now get going!" when we were "encouraged" to
do our
household chores such as cleaning the basement, scrubbing the garage
floor and
so on. So I believe it is an old Army phase, used to motivate the troops
to do
barracks cleaning, KP and such. I would say that it could apply to the
performance of any mindless task with enforced diligence. Cheers, Andy
Blackley

        Latter-day usage that I've heard applies this expression to
describe crowd conditions, as in a line from a song called "Thunder and
Darkness" (I believe) by a singer named Tom Rush (I think - it's only
been twenty years or so since I heard it.) - "Downtown Chicago - Asshole
to elbow"

Dan Pockrus
Systems Integration Engineer
Efficient Networks, Inc.