Re: Insurance for a young LBC Buff

To: Larry Bull <lbull@dreamscape.com>
Subject: Re: Insurance for a young LBC Buff
From: Michael Graziano <mgrazian@ltcm.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 15:46:19 -0400
I'm 22. I've been driving since I'm 17,  I have no accidents
(on record) and no moving violations. And when I bought my
midget,  I had a real hassle getting insurance for the car.
After 1 1/2 months of calling around, sending applications,
and getting more than just a little annoyed, I have
found....

The answer:

1)  Condon and Skelly:  They claim they'll insure anyone
with a good record.  But I found that they nit pick at
little things and try to find any excuse not to insure
someone who they feel is young.  They sent me back a page of
6 or 7 reasons why they wouldn't insure me.

2)  Haggerty insurance:  They're the ones who finally
insured me.  And they were real helpful in the process.
They even overnight my insurance cards to me via FedEx so I
could take my car to a show the following weekend.  Age
WASN'T a problem.  I was able to insure the car for 6K full
coverage.  Premium:  $118/year even living in NYC.  Their
number is in the 800 direcory.  (This number is for agents.
When you speak to an operator,  ask for the number for new
policies).  They're also on the web.

Hope this helps.

Mike