Re: Insurance Options (Was: Insurance for a young LBC Buff)

To: MGA List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, Nick Coleman <coleman@sd.aonix.com>
Subject: Re: Insurance Options (Was: Insurance for a young LBC Buff)
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@iname.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 15:41:51 -0600
On Fri, 26 Jun 1998 12:28:59 -0700, Nick Coleman wrote:

>Hmmm.  My insurance company (USAA) is the same way on just paying book
>value.  What are the recommendations on antique insurance companies?  Can
>you buy it as supplemental insurance (ie, keep USAA and just insure for
>differential)?

I have a '70 B.  My car is worth about 3-5k (depending on if it is running or
not. :)
I ended up just going with liablity.  The Comp/Coll. on an "agreed upon or
stated value" was going
to be so much that after just a few years I would be able to buy another B.  I
have never been in an accident
that was my falt, and I am 27.  My B is also my 3rd car. So I am playing the
odds.  (Insurance is basically
the same thing anyway!)

Andrew Lundgren
Lundgren@iname.com