speakers

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: speakers
From: Charles N Horton <carolus@MIT.EDU>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 08:26:38 EDT
     Second that about detachable-face vs. removable stereos. You will
start out putting the removable unit in your trunk or under the seat,
leaving a mount in the dash that tells a thief, "Hi! Please look in
my trunk for a stereo sufficiently expensive that I was worried about
it."
     The removable face, by comparison, is easy to carry around. I
can pocket it as I get out of the car. The only thing that concerns
me is what would happen if I were to lose the removable face. I assume
they're not keen on selling replacements, to discourage stereo theft?

Charles.