Healey BN4 (&/or) MGA For Sale

To: British-Cars@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Healey BN4 (&/or) MGA For Sale
From: Trmgafun@aol.com
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 13:48:17 EDT
Hello chaps,

To much of my dismay, I am in the position of having to sell one (or more) of
my toys.  Below is a description of both cars with the asking prices, and a
web page address.  The BN4 page has not been updated recently, but is now
rolling and needs someone to finish the task of getting it back on the road.
At this time, I can't decide on which of these two cars to sell, so I'm
placing an ad for both and let the powers that be decide.

I am posting the cars on these lists first before trying elswhere.

Thanks,

Scott Helms
Trmgafun@aol.com
Northern Indiana

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
1957 Austin-Healey 6-Port BN4 Commission No. BN4 0 49881  Titled as a '58,
this car was built in late September of 1957, and is one of the last
Longbridge built cars.  The engine has been professionally rebuilt to original
specs with no expenses spared.  Chassis has been professionally rebuilt with
new sils, floors, rear seat pans, trunk floor, door shut panels, etc...and has
been stripped to bare metal, sprayed with zinc chromate pre-wash, then primed
with PPG epoxy primer, and freshly painted in Colorado Red PPG polyurethane
paint.

The chassis is now rolling and has newly rebuilt front and rear suspension.
Original 60 spoke wires excellent condition.  Front and rear aluminum shrouds
are in very good shape and only require some minor welding repairs at a few of
the bolt holes.  Wings, doors, bonnet and deck lid are in very good shape,
only need refinishing.  The transmission and overdrive have not been checked
out as of this date, but were fine when the car was last driven.  Has one
piece welded exhaust system that needs sandblasting and painting.  Brand new
drive shaft.  New wiring harness and other new parts.

The rest of the car is mostly complete but will need some replacement items
depending on what the new owner has in mind for this car.  A lot of the small
parts have already been stripped and primed, and are ready for paint.  All of
the expensive work has been done (depending on who's putting it back
together).

I am asking $12k for this car.  Serious enquiries only please....
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

1958 MGA 1500 Commission No. HDA4346400
This very well preserved car had been stored in a dry walk in basement in
North Carolina, from the mid 1960's to the early 1990's until shortly before I
bought it.  It has all of its original sheet metal with no rust holes or
reconstructive work.  It had some light surface rust when I bought it, but
structurally in excellent condition.  The engine has approximately 1k miles
since its rebuild, and runs great.  Due to its condition when found, the frame
was not stripped to bare metal, but touched up where needed.  The body tub and
all of its panels were stripped to bare metal (blasted not dipped) and
refinished.  All of the steel panels were sprayed with a zinc chromate pre-
wash, coated with PPG epoxy primer, then primed and painted in white.  The
same for the aluminum panels excluding the zinc chromate.

New Moss interior is red, new Moss carpet is black.  The seats have the
original leather, and need to be reupholstered.  Needs a new top (hood).  The
wire wheels are the original 48 spoke, and have been trued, stripped and
repainted.  All new hydraulics, brakes, clutch, brand new Dunlop tires have
about 1k miles on them.  This car is in excellent shape and can be driven
anywhere.  A spare 1500 engine and lots of spare parts come with the car.

This car was rebuilt as a driver, not a trailer queen.  I am asking $13k.  You
will find no unpleasant surprises with this car.  Serious enquiries only
please....

Both cars can be viewed within the following web site, and are located in
Northern Indiana:  http://members.aol.com/Trmgafun/index.html

Or click here: <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/Trmgafun/index.html ">Trmgafun
Index Page</A>