MGB wheel flaring?

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: MGB wheel flaring?
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 1998 03:43:25 -0400
I just welded in a half-fender on my MGB, and noticed
something immediately. The wheel clearance on my
car is very low, seemingly mostly from higher-than-normal
wheel offset.

  It's visible on the top image on:

  http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/mgb_pics.html

  The car in the background is now mine, the car in the
foreground still belongs to the PO. Notice that the rear
wheel well on the back car is only an inch from the chrome
strip, compared to a few inches on the front car.

  I guess I am forced to recreate this, any tips? I don't
think I want to flare it out, I'd rather just make enough
clearance in the panel to work and be more-or-less symmetrical
to the other side.

--
Trevor Boicey, Ottawa, Canada.
tboicey@brit.ca, http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/