WD-40

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: WD-40
From: "Glen Eldridge" <glenel@vif.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 1998 09:48:48 -0400
Last week I saw several postings about WD-40 & I thought I would put in a
few words:  WD-40 was originally conceived as a means of drying out or
rather de-moisturising wet electrical bits, especially ignition parts.  You
gave your distributor cap a thorough spray and voila!  water all gone!

In fact, WD-40 was researched and patented just for that purpose (WD means
wet-dry), but has been used for an almost infinite variety of other purposes
for which it was not originally intended, but for which it works quite well.
I have used it for my '52-TD's ignition on wet days and for lubricating my
bicycle chain, quietening squeaky door hinges, and it works quite well for
killing earwigs!

It is very thin & thus appears suited for use as a penetrating oil, but I
have had better luck with 3-in-1 oil or regular commercial penetrating oil.

Regards,

Glen Eldridge
Kirkland, Quebec