74 midget ignition switch

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 74 midget ignition switch
From: HLUB34A@aol.com
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 1998 22:18:14 EDT
Some of the interior guts on the 74s switch have worn down so that the
ignition "spindle" the goes inside the actual switch does not return from the
"start" position.
I'm trying to figure out how to release the lock from the steering wheel
mounted switch/lock unit. The cowling is removed as is the switch. I found
what I thought was a detent to release the key barrel, but it won't press in.
I will then need a new spindle..... (it's always something.......) Thanks for
any and all help.

valerie stabenow