Re: insulator in a can

To: span@datacom-bo.net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: insulator in a can
From: richard.arnold@juno.com (Richard D. Arnold)
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 09:19:18 EDT
Enrique:

I've used a similar product around the house, and had good luck with it,
but would warn you to be careful when appplying it.  A little goes a long
way, and it is damn near impossible to get back off.  The stuff is
sensitive to light and will break down under UV, so you want to top-coat
it after it is dry.

I have used it in the past to fill in rusted out quarter-panels on piece
of junk cars; it held up for long time (laziness, I know).  I also used
it to fill in the quarters on a car that had just been repaired.
Prevented any further water damage from the inside and is still holding
up (almost five years now).

A company called DAP makes a latex product that serves the same purpose,
it works well, too.

I have heard of a female who, upset with her boyfriend's wandering ways,
used several cans to fill up his new Ford Probe with the stuff through a
cracked-open window.  It set for almost a week hardening while he was out
of town....

Don't try this at home, kids!

Rich