Re: rusted bolts

To: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Subject: Re: rusted bolts
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 02:19:16 -0400
William M. Gilroy wrote:

> Here in the states I use a product call "Liquid Wrench", it is also
> called "Penetrating Oil" (I think).  In any case it works well on
> freeing rusted bolts.

  I just found myself reacquainted with my own oxyacetylene
torch after a few years of absence... so this is fresh in
my memory.

  NOTHING remove bolts like heat. Everything else is practically
a waste of time.

  If you haven't used a torch before, beg borrow or steal one
and try it. After a proper heating and a cup of water to
cool them safely, most rusty bolts will more or less
fall out.

--
Trevor Boicey, Ottawa, Canada.
tboicey@brit.ca, http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/