Frustrations

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Frustrations
From: Ben Ruset <bruset@home.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 22:52:30 -0400
Well, the car is back from the body shop. Unfortunately, the tow truck
driver who brought it over scratched the hell out of the front driver's
fender. Consequently, it will be back at the body shop getting the fender
resprayed.

I also found out that the resivoir that holds my brake fluid was leaking,
due to a large crack in it. Hence, no brakes. A trip down to Doug's MG Shop
found me buying one for $5. This is about the only good thing that has
happened with this car these past several weeks. My mechanic was unable to
install it today - so "maybe" tomorrow it will go on. Great -- I can have
the car when I'm supposed to be working.

Anyway, the fact that the vertical seam under the doors (78 MGB, by the
way) are welded is really starting to get me worried. Does the car flex
there? If so, will I start to see my metal bending soon? The fact that it's
not right makes me worried that I've killed any value the car has and that
I will be laughed out of any show I go to as well.

All I can say is so far, the "MGB experience" for me has been fairly
traumatic - at least over the past two weeks.

I do wish that I was able to attend the convention in MD - unfortunately,
responsibilities up here beckon, and while my girlfriend's parents are in
Bermuda, I get to drive them to the pier in New York City that Sunday. We
(my girlfriend and I) may take the rest of the day and roam around Long
Island or something. I was thinking of a trip to Montauk or something...

*sigh* I've only put ONE MILE on the car since last October. =(

BEN RUSET - http://members.home.com/bruset
The MGB Haven & MG Cars Webring  - http://members.home.com/mgbhaven