Re: Cooling System "Duh"s and MOWOGian tribulations

To: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Cooling System "Duh"s and MOWOGian tribulations
From: "Harlan Jillson" <hjillson@argolink.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 22:03:38 -0500
Dan,
   As a point of reference.  I had to change out a failed
temperature sensor last week on my '70 GT.  To get
an idea of how calibrated the system was, I
connected the sensor and a ground lead to the engine
block.  Then dunked the sensor into a pan of almost
boiling water ( I cooled slightly on the way to the car).
The indication for roughly 210 degree F. water was
just over half way between N and H.  Guessing I'd
say that N was somewhere around 170/180?

Harlan.