RE: Webers & Ram Pipes

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, boballen@sky.net
Subject: RE: Webers & Ram Pipes
From: "Henry D. Reynolds" <hdr@jump.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 1998 01:52:15 -0500 (CDT)
en) wrote:

> Jon =C5rikstad wrote:
>=20
> > BTW ( please, I'm norwegian, so this may not be perfect)
>=20
> Ha! We American's assume that of everyone!
>=20
> > I have on my kitchen table (not married) a weber (45DCOE) and a set=
 of
> > K/N filters. The weber comes with two 'ram pipes'. The ram pipes ar=
> > supposed to be inside the filter, not removed ??
>=20
> Dump the ram pipes.
>=20

I disagree. Dont dump the ram pipes!

In "Tuning BL's A-Series Engine" David Vizard says: ``Ram pipes are
very important to the function of a side draft carb. Try and avoid
using any air filtration system that cannot be used w/ the carb's ram
pipes.''

The velocity stacks are crucial to the operation of a DCOE without them=

your carburation is equivalent to the proverbial "gasoline soaked rag..=
."
(I am sorry, but I don't remember who posted that remark but it WAS cle=
ver.)

--
- "It's strange, but I'm only TRULY ALIVE when I'm covered in POLKA DOT=
 and TACO SAUCE..."

Henry D. Reynolds           hdr@jump.net
FONE: (512)448-3617         3205 Clawson Rd. Austin, TX. 78704