Re: Spax shocks conversion

To: Rick Jennings <ahhclem@kcnet.com>
Subject: Re: Spax shocks conversion
From: Susan and John Roper <vscjohn@iamerica.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 1998 22:06:04 -0500
Rick Jennings wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone have any experience in converting MGB front end to the Spax
> shocks?
> I have an opportunity to buy the kit at a big savings. The kit is missing
> the long brake lines I think are needed and the "banjo bolts are also missing.
>
> I assume the banjo bolts are needed to connect the brake lines to the
> caliper?
> How difficult would these bolts be to locate? I could get the brake lines
> made but need to know how long they should be.
>
> Where would this conversion rank among a bigger front sway bar and negative
> camber
> A arms? The object being a more competitive autox car.
>
> TIA
> Rick Jennings
> 77B
Rick, the conversion will use a cantilever setup which is much less than
ideal.  You will get a lot more benefit out of a negative camber setup.
You will need more than the commercially available neg camber lower arms
to really make it work.  The bigger bar is good too, but you can
accomplish the same thing by stacking two stock bars.  All you need is
some aluminum stock.