Re: 73 MGB Cooling System, etc. Progress (longish)

To: JustBrits@aol.com, paul.hunt1@virgin.net, danray@bluegrass.net
Subject: Re: 73 MGB Cooling System, etc. Progress (longish)
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 1998 22:10:15
At 07:24 PM 7/8/98 EDT, JustBrits@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 98-07-08 14:33:21 EDT, paul.hunt1@virgin.net writes:
>
><<I decided that I had to cut them to fit them over the hoses and now I'm
struggling with getting them fitted into the shroud holes while the hoses
are through...grrrr.... ....
><<
><I've done this a couple of times by poking one end of the (cut) grommet
into position then rotating it about the hose as if it were threaded on the
outside. ><
><Only had to 'encourage' with a blunt instrument the last bit on each one.
You should then be able to rotate them so the cuts are at the bottom.>

>Gee guys:
>
>I have never had to 'cut' them.  But then again, per some folks on this
list 'don't know squat' !! ....
>              Ed
>
>PS:  The method of doing it is available for a price and depends on the
lister.

Aw, c'mon Ed.  Don't be so stingy.  It ain't no big secret.  Wrap a small
chord around the grommet and pull it through the hole.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude (and cooler hose grommets without cuts)