77 midget

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 77 midget
From: Pheysey <pheysey@enol.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 1998 22:52:57 -0700
Hello all- my name is steve, I've been lurking on the list for a while,
I'm considering purchasing a 77 midget, and thought I would get your
impression.
-68,000 original miles
-pretty good black vinyl interior with good carpet.
-very nice new top
-new tires(cheap) all around.
-recently had all hoses on engine replaced
-new alternator
-cheap paint job, but looks good from 10 feet (royal blue)
-nothing more than light surface rust in a few small places
-new winshield
and now for the bad stuff :(
-engine has a sort of tappet noise
-2nd and 3rd gear whine pretty badly.
-drivers side rear leaf springs sagging badly
-front struts/shocks need replacement
-car wants to idle down and die when first started for a few min.
-seems like it rattles a lot
Asking Price: $1300 obo
sorry for taking up so much room, but this would be my first british
car.  the trans noise is probably what worries me the most.
any advice would be appreciated,
Steve Pheysey