Re: Costs

To: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Subject: Re: Costs
From: Becky Mahoney <bmahoney@home.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 1998 08:18:06 -0500
And I thought I would hate 'new math'!  We could also throw a few other
figures into that....

$600 saved not having to go to a gym for work out
$1200 saved working stess out on MG rather than with Psychologist
$300 saved drinking beer at home instead of pub/bar (no time to go)
$400 saved on clothing (wore old clothes..stayed at home so didn't need
any new clothes)
$5000 saved cuz I did all the work myself
$1000 saved cuz I got most parts on 25-33% discount
$900 saved in gas cuz I couldn't drive car for 3 years (25 mo X 3 yrs)
$100 saved on water, soap, wax (didn't wash car for 3 years)
$100 saved on oil changes
$100 saved on tires
$3600 saved on tickets (well, I could have gotten a ticket every month
for misc. driving offenses!)
$700 saved on hats (I would have had to have a new hat/cap to wear each
month to prevent my hair from blowing in my face while driving)

So far savings are in excess of $14,200....you're right..I did make
money restoring my MGB!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much for putting this in perspective for me!!!

Becky
69 MGB roadster (sweet B)