MG98 what a blast!!

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MG98 what a blast!!
From: Kevin Richards <flybirds@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 1998 16:08:17 -0700
Greetings listers....just returned from MG98 in Hagerstown (actually,
Fort Frederick State park for the MG show). This was Red Molly's first
trip since the rebuild. 208 miles round trip (Cruising at 60mph going
and 70mph return...what a rush) What a JOY! For all of the listers with
yet-to-be-roadworthy MG's, my apologies, but this being such a fantastic
experience, I have to gush.
Over 400 cars, in virtually every class, even a 66? 1500 Magnette.
Met some listers...put some faces with names...David Deutsch??/sorry if
I butchered the name///and his son...Of course with their B's.
Gene Fox and his wife and his Beautiful GT....Dan Ray....And A big tall
guy with long hair and a goatee (sorry, I suck at remembering names) I'm
lucky to have remembered those that I did. Oh yeah..Larry Macy and his
Green Midget...great car..
The list hat really helps, and I recommend that listers going to shows
should buy one.
The cars.....words fail me, this was my first show in addition to the
car's first road trip. The level of detail on some of the cars is
amazing.Personally, I'd rather spend the time and money driving my car
than worrying that my chrome ignition coil has fingerprints on it, but
to each their own. It is a matter of personal preference.
(this was **not** a flame) ...don't want to start any whiny threads.

Anyway, greeted with a smile by all listers, and I truly had a fantastic
time. The weather was perfect, lots of interesting tech stuff from John
Twist..man is he really into this stuff or what??

Oh yeah, I saw that Union Jack on the trunk lid of that B, and you know
what....I thought it was QUITE tasteful and dare I say....ORIGINAL...

Well that is all for my report, what a great weekend...couldn't be
better. So proud of Red Molly the 77B.
By the way.....what were those guys smoking trying to sell a OD Tranny
that needs new seals for !!!!!****$750***!!!! ????

Best to all and nice meeting all you guys from the list.

We have a great thing here.

Thanks to Mr Bradakis, who never gets enough pats on the back.
Cheers to you.

Kevin Richards
One severely sunburned smiling driver
Safety Fast.