Re: Brake Grabbing

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Brake Grabbing
From: Philip Hubbard <phubbard@carroll.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 10:11:03 -0400
At 10:50 PM 7/11/98, you wrote:
>Slightly misaligned rotor.  Disassemble it again and check for dirt, rust
>or paint between the bearing hub and the rotor.  Sandpaper these mating
>surfaces clean, reassemble it and try again.

Barney,

Thanks so much for all the great answers.  I will do the above after
checking that the brake pads have room to move within the piston recesses
and driving it about some to get the new pads to set in correctly (as you
and several others have suggested).

It's great to have something else to check if this first doesn't work,
however.  Not crazy about getting the impact driver out again to
disassemble the rotor/hub assembly, but those bolts shouldn't be as hard to
undo as the first time.  :)  And for the tiny bit of effort sure would be
worth it to have the parts matching up correctly.

Thanks again.  I'll keep the list informed of what I find out today.

Philip
Burgundy 1974 Midget