new to list, need opinions

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: new to list, need opinions
From: "David H. Cole" <dhcole@ipa.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 10:20:20 -0500
Hello to the list; I've enjoyed sitting in, now I need opinions.  I've just
purchased a 77B, my first B although I have a 56 & 59 A and have had early
midgets in the past.  The A's won't talk to the B or to me now.

     I know little about B's- this one has straight almost completely
rust-free body, but engine has been weberized and desmogged (not neatly, I
might add) and has not run since at least 85.  I plan to refurbish this car
as a driver; upgrades & improvements allowed which means I'll be replacing
the dealer-installed 8-track .

Opinions solicited: (1) best shop manuals for  the B
(2) Weber DCOE: tune it? replace with original Zenith Stromberg and resmog
it? go with earlier HS4's?
(3) best(read good value for money) carpet and seat uphostlery?
(4) weak points of the B and how to correct (or cover up) them
(5) any unsolicited advice or things to look for .

TIA

David Cole
56 A
59 A