(No LBC content)Latina Lingua esta bologna

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: (No LBC content)Latina Lingua esta bologna
From: Tom Buchanan <buchanan@preferred.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 22:09:12 -0400
          Contemporary Latin Phrases
       (Dead Culture in a Dead Language)
       =================================

         "Nunc Tutus Exitus Computarus."
         (It's Now Safe To Turn Off Your Computer.)

         "Veni, vedi, Vichy."
         (I came, I saw, I capitulated to the Germans.)

         "Veni, Vidi, Velcro"
         (I came; I saw; I stuck around.)

          "Et tu, pluribus unum?"
         (The government just stabbed me in the back!)

         "E pluribus septum."
         (Multiple nose piercings.)

         "E Pluribus Tupac."
         (Rap is everywhere.)

         "Veni, vidi, Pesci."
         (I came, I saw, I moidered da bum.)

         "Revelare Pecunia!"
         (Show Me The Money!)

         "Robotisticus Governantimus Inevitabilitus."
         (Al Gore is GOING to be President.)

         "Ignoramus microsoftis multa pecunia dat."
         (Yeah, where *do* I want to go today??)

         "Sic semper tyrannus."
         (Your dinosaur is ill.)

         "No Quid Pro Quo."
         (I'm Sorry, We're All Out of Quid.)

         "Cavaet humanus sic tofu burritus e toga."
         (Beware of the man with a tofu burrito in his toga.)

         "Domino vobiscum."
         (The pizza guy is here.)

          "Auda similarum ad seattles."
         (They all sound just like Pearl Jam.)

         "Sharpei diem."
         (Seize the wrinkled dog.)

         "Nucleo predicus dispella conducticus."
         (Remove foil before microwaving.)

         "Il guyus nissanem iste ickye."
         (That Nissan guy gives me the creeps.)

         "Bodicus mutilatimus, unemploymi ad infinitum."
         (Better take the nose ring out before the job interview.)

         "Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,
          minutus carborata descendum pantorum."
         (A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your
          pants.)

--

Tom Buchanan
buchanan@preferred.com