RE: Bowing at the Alter of the A

To: "'Bill Eastman'" <william.eastman@medtronic.com>,
Subject: RE: Bowing at the Alter of the A
From: Phil Vanner <pvanner@pclink.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 14:45:52 -0500
Bill
A.  I should hope it's in the parking lot -  leaving your MG at home on =
a day like this would be sacrilege. It's *perfect* in Minneapolis.  (Oh, =
that week of summer)=20

B. I know you just responded to the message,  but to leave the subject =
like that - I mean are you advocating modifying MGAs or what? ;-)  We =
have come to expect certain standards, you know.

C. I don't suppose you know the build date of that ego-trip you have =
parked out there do you? I just realized that I probably won't take =
honors for the oldest car running at the autocross on Sunday. Can you =
beat 9/16/61?=20

D. I will re-state Bill's invite to all in the area to come out to the =
Minnesota Autosports Club's "MOWOG3" Autocross this Sunday. The site is =
at Hennepin Technical College (no PhDs) and is used for training truck =
drivers and police chases, so it combines open tarmac and road-course =
type sections with elevation changes too. Quite cool. They also run an =
utterly no-pressure class for the non-competitive types who just want to =
see what it's like. =20

If you go to
http://www.visi.com/mac/=20
and look at the scrapbook under MOWOG2 you'll see the site
 ( under MOWOG1 1997 you might see a couple of shots of a red MGA too.)

Incidentally, the Minnesota Autosports Club (not to be confused with the =
local SCCA region) has named it's Autocross Series "MOWOG" since the =
late Sixties when they were an affiliation of local British car clubs. =
Now they are mostly the domain of Neons, Miatas, VWs and the like, most =
of whom don't even know what MOWOG means. (of course we can't seem to =
agree on that either, can we?)     =20
It looks like there are a few more old British hulks out there all the =
time though, so there's hope.

Phil Vanner
Just back from a *long* trip to the bank.