Golden Dremel Award (was: Ray Gibbons)

To: "MGs (E-mail)" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Golden Dremel Award (was: Ray Gibbons)
From: Jurgen Hartwig <gt0003a@prism.gatech.edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 17:31:45 -0400
At 03:31 PM 7/14/98 -0500, Phil Vanner wrote:

>It seems like a good time to open up nominations for the Golden Dremel Award
>for 1998...

>Phil Hubbard for persistence?

>Trevor for his adventures with the B that would not run?

>Ben Ruset for taking an $800 rubber-bumper and making something out of it?

>Becky Mahoney for rescuing the B under the tree? (valve stems? really)

>Ralph Cordell for resurrecting the MGA he owned in college?

>I'm sure there are plenty of other worthy candidates.

How about Barney Gaylord for being an all around good guy, and possibly the
most valuable list member :)

Also, where's Ms. Denise Thorpe (sp?)?

I heard she left for England, but I've heard nothing since.

>Phil Vanner

>Mk1 Midget

>Drive your MG to work, take the scenic route home, smile a little, it's all
>temporary.

Ha, I got you beat.  I drive my B 400 miles from Memphis, TN to Atlanta, GA
every 10 weeks.  When I'm at home, I commute 250 miles to and from work.  When
I'm here at Tech, I drive to and from work 3-4 times a week.  AND the best
thing is that I've had the top down for about 2 months straight.  I've only had
the top up twice because of rain.  Now that's a great way to put a smile on
your face.   :)

Jay

Jurgen Hartwig, Civil Engineering, Georgia Tech

and the world rejoiced

Try to live your life so that

when you die you will rejoice

and the world will cry.