point gap on Mallory

To: mg list <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: point gap on Mallory
From: Lynn Alan Eubank <eubank@unt.edu>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 11:30:17 -0500 (CDT)
Some years ago -- nine years ago, to be exact -- we installed a Mallory
distributor on our 78 B (w/ Weber downdraft). It finally came time to
replace the points in the Mallory; good thing they last a long time,
because the stinkers aren't cheap. In any event, when I looked into my
file to locate specs, there was nothing. I guess maybe the documentation
must have gone south in one or another of our moves. So does anybody out
there have the relevant figure? (I've set the timing at about 23 BTDC, but
without a good figure on the point gap, that's only temporary.)
thanks,
Lynn

Lynn Eubank & Maria Beck
1221 Emerson