Tires For As

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Tires For As
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 18:23:48 EDT
I saw a question on the list about MGA tires. The 165 - 15" fit the original
rims the best. If you want to fit 185 - 15" without crowning, you need wider
rims, such as the TR6 5.5" ones. These will clear the fenders, with at most a
little judicious bending up of the inner fender lip. I run these on my street
Mk 2 Deluxe Coupe with 5.5" (widened) Twincam wheels, and they look right and
perform well.
I think that anything bigger is a bit excessive and unnecessary, but that's
just my opinion - I used to slalom an A with 13" reverse Corvair rims and fat
little Cinturatos, so I guess I've been there too. I use 235 x 60 - 15s on one
of my Jensen Interceptors, so who am I to say?

Bill S.