Steering wheel swap

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Steering wheel swap
From: Steve Shoyer <steve@shoyer.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 20:58:02 -0400
I saw an ad in "MG Enthusiast" magazine for an RV8 leather steering wheel
to fit MGBs.  There were two models: one for MGBs up to 1976, and one for
MGBs from 1977 with horn on column switch.  Does that mean that earlier
MGBs had the horn in the middle of the steering wheel, and if so, would
putting an earlier wheel on a 1980 MGB allow me to move (or at least
duplicate) the horn switch to the wheel?

There are also a couple of hard tops shown; I don't know what the shipping
cost from the UK to the US would be, but the price of the top is less than
any I've seen over here.  Different style, too.

The ad is for Brown & Gammons on page 59 of the April issue.

--Steve (1980 MGB)