Re: how do I get dried paint off vinyl interior ??? (also TR6

To: "Mike Cousins" <Mike.Cousins@wsnelson.com>,
Subject: Re: how do I get dried paint off vinyl interior ??? (also TR6
From: Carol <car@intersatx.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 11:45:02 -0500
Somewhere I read (oh, I hope this doesn't start something!) that WD-40
helps to remove paint overspray. If it does that, it surely should remove
paint flecks that weren't originally applied to upholstery.

Just a thought.... I'd try it.

Carol

At 11:00 AM 7/21/98 -0500, Mike Cousins wrote:
>I've got a 72 TR6 that I'm trying to sell soon for about $800.  It has a
>good interior, good body, good frame, but a bad engine.  The thing is though
>that I put the car on my driveway and covered it with a tarp that had some
>dried up white paint on it.  The dried up white paint flaked off and got all
>over the interior and got baked by the sun.  Now I cant figure out how to
>get the white paint off.  Should I try to use paint thinner (mineral
>spirits), or will this screw up the vinyl ???   Some of the paint comes up
>if you scrape it with your fingernail, but a lot of it is still stuck to the
>interior.
>

>Please help!
>

>Cheers

...now running Windows '98, better known as "MacIntosh '87 "