Re: visiting the graveyard.....

To: Carol <car@intersatx.net>
Subject: Re: visiting the graveyard.....
From: "Ray e. Huff" <mgbrh@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 22:18:03 -0700
Carol wrote:

> I, too, have seen sights like this. It's downright pathetic. And like you
> said, Mike, most of these people think they're sitting on Fort Knox.
>
> I don't know if you remember my discussing the chrome B I saw sitting in a
> yard near a main throroughfare here in San Antonio. It's sitting there
> under a new blue tarp. (The old one had finally rotten through and the car
> sat there nekkid for about 6 months.) It's in a pretty sorry neighborhood,
> and the local hooligans have hopped the fence and lifted or broken many
> visible parts.
>
> The owner's eyes lit up like a pachinko machine when I was talking to him.
> "Well, how much do you think it's worth" he asked. I told him that under
> advice, I passed on a $1200 MGA (I'm kicking myself all the way to....
> wel..... somewhere, over that one. I listened to two too many pessimistic
> list members -- you KNOW who you are... It had a good body and it was all
> there.)
>
> I told him that without looking at it further, which he didn't let me do,
> I'd say the car was only worth about $500 or less. He rambled on about how
> sentimental his wife was about the car. Yada yada yada. Horse hockey. And
> he thinks he'll get around to restoring it one day. It hasn't been licensed
> in at least 15 years.
>
> There's another candidate for the crusher. Pity.
>
> The good news: Last Saturday I found a great junkyard that specializes in
> old cars. I had been told there was an MGA there. Well, the A had been
> sold. There was a half a CBB (front had been knocked off by something
> bigger than it was!). Then the yard owner took me to see the "white one up
> there". I finally spotted it. It was a Fiat. But they do have some nice old
> classics, although none English.
>
> So much for this depressing talk.... I'm gonna' go mow the pasture and
> check the well. We're expectin' it's only going to get to 112 today.
>
> Carol
>
> At 12:40 AM 7/21/98 EDT, miker15@juno.com wrote:
> >A friend of mine presented me with an ad from a local paper on friday
> >"MGBs, two running 3 parts cars make offer"
>
> >(well he seemed to think he had the mother lode and i didnt want to hurt
> >his feelings) but that if he didnt have any better luck selling them and
>
> >So tonight friends say goodbye to five more..... a 74, two 75s a 77 and a
> >79
> >The only good thing is it makes our cars more rare!!
>
> >mike robson
>
> ...now running Windows '98, better known as "MacIntosh '87 "
There is a 70 -73 mgb near my house for sale the sill are gone on both
sides the hood barely open the drivers door barely moves.  It was obvios
that the car had not been run for a very long time.  The car is a rust
bucket which in Seattle area is not much ploblem they wanted $1500 Bucks
for it !!!!!  I think thier nuts.

                                 Ray Huff