Lucas troubles

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Lucas troubles
From: Simon Bosworth <simon@hpi50.dsddhc.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 09:22:25 -0500
The Prince of Darkness had a go at me on tuesday; my starter decided it
didn't want to start any more.  I could hear the solenoid work and the
lights dimmed, (so it was drawing significant current), but nothing
rotated.  The starter had been acting up a bit for a while, but could
usually be persuaded to work.  The good news was that it waited until
the car was conveniently home in the garage before its final
expiration.  I made a quick trip to the local LBC shop, parted with a
large number of sheckels and a short time later we were operational
again.  I was pleased to find that replacing the starter was quite a
simple operation.  I did have to remove the distributor, but after that
the starter came out easily.  I would hate to try this on a new car,
(assuming I could even find the starter :-)).
So now I just need to polish the car to be ready for the 'MG Wedding' on
saturday, (a couple of MMGG members are getting married and have invited
the whole club to the reception).

Cheers,
Simon