Re: Prince of Darkness

To: Nory <Nory@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: Prince of Darkness
From: john peloquin <peloquin@galaxy.ucr.edu>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 08:56:55 -0700 (PDT)
Dear Netters,

I have a problem with the fuel system on my '70 BGT. Essentially, when I
start it up in the morning, it will run fine, but shortly thereafter (as
long as 5 or 10 minutes, or as few as three) it will often just die.
I turn the ignition off and wait a bit. After letting it sit for a while,
maybe two minutes, I turn the key and the fuel pump clicks like mad and
the car starts right up. Today, however, the fuel pump didn't click and
the car would start and run for 10-20 seconds before stalling out again.

Am I in need of a fuel pump rebuild or replacement?

Thanks much.

"Never Ascribe to Malice that which can be explained by Ignorance."
John J. Peloquin
Entomology, University of California, Riverside, CA 92521