Re: Oversized throttle shaft in SUs...(64 MGB)

To: "Blake M. Wylie" <bwylie@hiwaay.net>
Subject: Re: Oversized throttle shaft in SUs...(64 MGB)
From: neil.cairns@virgin.net
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 1998 08:22:57 -0700
Blake M. Wylie wrote:

> Anyone ever put the oversized throttle shaft in your SUs?  If so, how do I
> go about doing that?  I've pulled the SUs off my 64 in order to rebuild
> them, and I need to do something about the throttle shaft.  It's got some
> good play in there, and would definately be a problem later on.  I've heard
> that I would need to probably take it to a machine shop and have them bore
> it out, but I don't know any of the specs or what else might need to be
> done.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks again!  :)
>
> Blake Wylie
> 70 MGB
> 64 MGB (getting there)

I did just this to my twin SU HD4's four years ago, using a kit from
Burlen Fuel Services of Swindon, UK. I micrometered the outer diameter
of the new bushes, drilled out the holes with a drill a few 'thou
bigger, then ARALDITED the new bushes in. It worked, and you cannot tell
by looking at the repair either. I now regularly check the engine oil,
AND drop the excess on the dip-stick onto those shaft ends to lube them.

Neil