$1000 MGA saga continues.

To: MG list <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: $1000 MGA saga continues.
From: Kevin Richards <flybirds@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 1998 13:42:02 -0700
Well, wide smile on face, I signed the loan papers for a quick $1000 and
down to the body shop to pick it up. Got the bill of sale, and had it
towed home. Had to free up the rear wheel cylinder and put the spare on
the front (it was inflated!! what a kick!), and gave her a first bath.
She was so happy to get clean.
Couple of things.....Could use some answers if possible.
1. Overflow pipe to the SU's is pouring out gas. Stuck float?? How do
you get to those floats??
2. Starter not engaging the flywheel. I tried the TAP method of starter
resurrection, but to no avail...any tricks??

3. In the MkII, the brakes and clutch are served from the same master
cylinder?? is this true?? do you just use brake fluid in the single
reservoir??

Any answers would be appreciated.

Enjoying the premature realization of the "owning an MGA one day"
Hopefully within the next year she will be roadworthy.

Oh yeah....turns out that the odometer has an original, yes ORIGINAL
23,000 miles. I don't know what I have done to deserve such a turn of
good luck.

I could also use a quick primer on how to start the SU's with a manual
choke and that funny starter switch.

Thanks

Kevin Richards
67 B parts car
77B finished
62 MGA 1600MkII   YIPPEEEEEEEE!!!!!!  Happy boy today.