re: 77B the way it should be

To: Don Walton <dhw@atomic.net>, MGS <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: re: 77B the way it should be
From: Richard Peterson <Rich_and_Kerry@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 1998 21:24:19 -0400
>Right now the only problem I have with the car is the 77 problem of
wanting to run after the ignition
switch is turned off.  Anybody have a cure for this please enlighten me.
According to Twist this is a problem unique to the 77 model.<

Don,  My '77 B had this problem, too.  I took the diode from the service
light circuit (not fitted to my car) and hooked it in line with the wire
going from the ignition light to the "IND" wire from the alternator.  Tha=
seems to have stopped the problem, however, my problem was intermittent, =
so
I'm not 100% sure, yet. (I just did the rewire today - 7/25).  Email me
off-list for a complete description of the procedure - it took about 15
minute, mainly because I'm anal and like to make neat, original-looking
repairs.

Rich P.  =